WRAP information evening
This are drawings I made during an evening on which Dienke Boertien gave information about WRAP. WRAP means Wellness Recovery Action Plan and is a wellness tool developed by Mary Ellen Copeland. You can use WRAP for dealing with any kind of mental health problem, medical problems and life issues. I love all the values of WRAP, here is my choice of favorite values of WRAP:
* Insisting that you be treated as an equal, with dignity, compassion, mutual respect, and unconditional high regard; as a unique, special individual, including acceptance of diversity with relation to culture, ethnicity, language, religion, race, gender, age, disability, sexual identity, and “readiness” issues, and treat others the same way.
* Avoiding the use of clinical, medical, and diagnostic language.
* Emphasizing strategies that are simple and safe.
* Understanding that difficult feelings and behaviors are normal responses to traumatic circumstances, and that what is happening in your life need not be considered symptoms or a diagnosis.
* People get well, stay well for long periods of time, and do the things they want to do with their lives.
I drew these sketches from life with my iPad and the Paper53 app.