About this blog
Inspired by the work and books of Danny Gregory I started drawing in July 2010. I didn’t draw since I was a teenager in the 80’s. Helma Timmermans advised me to start a blog with my journal entries, so here I am.
I’m taking part in the Yahoo-group EveryDayMatters and in the Flickr-group Julia Kay’s Portrait Party (aka JKPP). I drew mostly with a Lamy Safari fountain pen. Since January 2013 I use the iPad for drawing. I use the Paper app by 53 and Sketches app by Tayasui the most. I live in Amsterdam, I am a teacher Relious Education and Worldliness, was a filmmaker, oral historian, studied Gender Studies, sometimes I knit.
There are more then 100 posts on this blog, these are my most favorite posts:
- About a preconception
- Collaborate with your child
- Creating versus consuming
- My progress in the first six months
- My first try with color
- About drawing in public
- What I learned from my great-grandfather’s diaries
- Zen seeing, zen drawing
- Two nice drawings made during a life Julia Kay’s Portrait Party
- How do I start a drawing?
- Drawing little and often: 94 portraits for Julia Kay’s Portrait Party