This are drawings I made during an evening on which Dienke Boertien gave information about WRAP. WRAP means Wellness Recovery Action Plan and is a wellness tool developed by Mary Ellen Copeland. You can use WRAP for dealing with any kind of mental health problem, medical problems and life issues. I love all the values of WRAP, here is my choice of favorite values of WRAP:
* Insisting that you be treated as an equal, with dignity, compassion, mutual respect, and unconditional high regard; as a unique, special individual, including acceptance of diversity with relation to culture, ethnicity, language, religion, race, gender, age, disability, sexual identity, and “readiness” issues, and treat others the same way.
* Avoiding the use of clinical, medical, and diagnostic language.
* Emphasizing strategies that are simple and safe.
* Understanding that difficult feelings and behaviors are normal responses to traumatic circumstances, and that what is happening in your life need not be considered symptoms or a diagnosis.
* People get well, stay well for long periods of time, and do the things they want to do with their lives.
More information about WRAP can be found on the US website or the Dutch website.
I drew these sketches from life with my iPad and the Paper53 app.